Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Prodigal Blogger

It's probably not good for a new blog to take four days off within a week of its founding. Risks losing interest, and all that.

But our motto here at Inner Columnist is "Let Your Inner Columnist Out" and that's just what we did with ours.

Vacation may not be good for the blog, but it can be oh so good for the blogger.

Spent a long weekend away from the Commonwealth and went home. Home to a place where the "can you hear me now?" guy cannot, in fact, hear me. (And not just because I use Sprint.) A place where there's no internet, by choice.

A place where modern conveniences are still optional, not essential. A place where some people still opt out.

And it was nice.

I spent a lot of time reading and thinking. Got a few things to write about soon. Probably have a few others a little later on.

I could write about those things now, I suppose, but I think I'm going to curl up with Hemingway instead. Never read much of his work before. No time like the present. I'll write about him later too.

I will say now, though, that forty pages about a fish was a bit much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous SunniBrook said...

Sounds wonderful, Theodore. I would so love to get away for a few days too! Glad you had a good time... now that you're all rested, can I send my girls (and husband) to you? :)

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home