Monday, January 09, 2006

Is it just me...

...or is everybody in a really good mood today?

Cases in point: A little while ago, I went to the grocery store. As I stepped out of the elevator, I nearly collided with a woman and her dog. Not infrequent. The usual mutual apologies (by the humans) and shoe-sniffing (by the dog) ensued. Then the unusual part - it turned into a nice conversation (for the humans) and a good ear-scratching (for the dog.)

So, in a good mood because of that, I walk over to the grocery store. Not thirty seconds apart, two people ask if I need help finding anything. I tend to look a little lost when I'm not quite awake, but it was still awfully nice of them, and not the usual thing at all.

Now in the spirit of passing it on, I saw a short lady contemplating how to reach something on the top shelf. I wasn't blessed with enough height to play basketball, but I did get enough to reach the top shelf. So I did.

Then, as I was coming back into my building with armful of groceries, a woman carrying just as much stuff was leaving. She opened the door for me, I handed the her stuff out to her.

Love one another. Maybe that's the theme of the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home