Tuesday, April 03, 2007

One Shining Moment

I watched the national championship game last night, and, as they always do, after the game CBS played "One Shining Moment," the Luther Vandross song that goes with a montage of footage from the tournament. And I almost turned the TV off, because "One Shining Moment" has seemed to me in the past to be almost hackneyed, clich├ęd.

But I didn't, and I watched it, and as I did I saw some of the great moments from the tournament, and I remembered that I had witnessed some of those moments in person. In a very small way, I had been part of this tournament. Their moments, my moments...

One shining moment, it's all on the line
One shining moment, there frozen in time
One shining moment, you reached for the sky
One shining moment, you were willing to try
One shining moment, you reached deep inside
One shining moment, you knew you were alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home