Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ideas

There are lot of things about ideas that make me wonder. Where do they come from? (No clue.) Where do they go? (Onto scraps of paper, often old receipts, that litter my desk. I started doing that after forgetting one too many good ones. Now I don't forget them, I just lose them - but I consider being lost a temporary state. This is the same phenomenon that, when applied to highway navigation, results in a man driving from Washington to Atlanta by way of Montréal, but never being all that concerned about it, even when the highway signs turn from English to French and Krispy Kreme gives way to Tim Horton's.) And, perhaps most importantly, why do they arrive en masse when I am trying to go to sleep?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. An idea is a valuable thing, no matter when it arrives. But it's as though I can't have an idea unless I'm horizontal. More blood flowing to the brain, or something. One light goes out, another light goes on. And another. And another. My brain feels as though it's lit up like a Christmas tree. You probably think it's more like the warning lights that come on all at once when your car stalls.

I'm going to bed now. Again. Don't worry. I'll be back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like me and several people I know!!!!!
For those ideas, your open computer is right there... start a file, typing takes less time than writing words by hand and they would all be there to add on to the random thoughts or to organize in story form, an outline or whatever at some point in time.

You know whooo :)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home