Monday, April 21, 2008

In the category...

..."I know we've had a lot of rain lately, but this is ridiculous:"

There are a pair of ducks hanging out in one of the puddles on the sidewalk outside my apartment!

Update: after splashing around in the puddle, eating some bread that somebody tossed them, and grooming themselves, the ducks are now napping on the lawn. A few minutes ago somebody walked by. The female woke up and moved a few steps; the male woke up, yawned, and went back to sleep. Says π, who is getting a play-by-play on the phone: "Typical male. 'Honey, what's that?' 'Huh? What?'"

I don't know what she's talking about.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Margaret said...

I'll see your ducks and raise you a flock of geese.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Theodore said...

Yes, but you have a whole lake in your back yard!

I bet Parker is enjoying them.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Anon_e_mouse said...

And I'll trump you both with a yard full of bunny rabbits :-)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, well down home we have a whole forest of singing birds lulling me to sleep and cheering me to get up in the morning.
I saw the ducks and they are beautiful, as I walked past the male was keeping a close watch over his female... he cares :)

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Margaret said...

There are goslings now too! A whole slew of them - of course Parker could tell you exactly how many, what their nicknames are and which would make the tastiest treat. :)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home