Monday, March 22, 2010

Goals

I don't think I'm having a mid-life crisis. But I am about to turn 30.

When you're in your 20s your goals are big ones: graduate college, get a job, find the person you want to marry. Check. Check. Check.

What happens after you check them off?

Lately I have been feeling a certain sameness in my life, and I think it's because I don't have any big goals. The ones I have seem smaller somehow (get back in shape, do some traveling) or more distant (buy a house, have kids.) Maybe that's a symptom of the transition into adulthood, which by now I've made (kicking and screaming for most of the last decade, but nevertheless made.) Or maybe it's because, having achieved the big ones, none of the rest seem that difficult. There are challenges, sure, but there's something missing.

Maybe I just need to find new big ones. Or more small ones. Or something.

It'll come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Do the very best in all the small goals, that's big <3

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home